Old Console is a charming and memorable part of childhood. From SNES to Playstation, there was a ton of wonderful, wonderful games. Some of them are still good today by the quality of today. Many of them are mobile phones, like the old winner game. However, many people are present on these old console. There is no other way to play them. With emulators, you can actually play whenever you want on your device. Let's check the best emulators for Android. Keep in mind that the imaging is anxious by nature and will sometimes work in a bad way and will not do it again.
ClassicBoy is a powerful All-in-One emulator. Currently it runs:
(1) PlayStation 1 ( PS1 )
(2) Nintendo 64 ( N64 )
(3) GameBoy Advance ( GBA )
(4) GameBoy Classic ( GB )
(5) GameBoy Color ( GBC )
(7) Sega Genesis
(8) SNK NeoGeo
THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT COME WITH ROMS.
ClassicBoy leads gestures mapping into game controller and means of calibration, it’s very useful for fighting games. When switches to gestures controller mode, left side on screen for movements and right side for actions. There are 8 swipe directions can be detected on each side of screen and each one can be mapped to one key of game. Besides gestures controller, accelerometer sensor (depends on hardware) is supported to control movements for a character and calibration console is also provided for fine adjustment of tilt parameters. By these two input means, user can play game on a clean screen and even by single hand now!
The gestures/sensor controller and state loaded functions are only supported in FULL version, but state saved and traditional input means such as on-screen 2D buttons and external joystick mapping are supported as base functions in the LITE version. User can switch all controllers above at runtime. For traditional input, a powerful layout editor can be used to define the position and size of each 2D button and maximum 4 players can be defined for external joysticks or gamepad mapping.
Please try to use the application and read the HELP and ABOUT page to know more about the emulator cores. There are many settings for this application, but games should be run well without any change.
LITE version features:
- Supports games of following consoles or handhelds: PlayStation 1 ( PS1 ), Nintendo 64 ( N64 ), GameBoy Advance ( GBA ), GameBoy Classic ( GB ), GameBoy Color ( GBC ), NES/Famicom, Sega Genesis, SNK NeoGeo.
- Touchscreen input from graphic buttons.
- Graphic buttons editor for position and size definition. Graphic buttons appearance custom settings such as style, scale, animation, opacity …
- External Joysticks/keyboard input by keys mapping, maximum 4 players are supported.
- Controller profiles (trial) such as PS3, XBOX360 and MOGA are supported.
- Custom setting for game video size and filter.
- Audio reverb.
- Gestures/Sensor settings
- Game state auto-saved and slot saved
- User can activate following functions by purchasing the FULL version:
- Game state auto-load and slot load.
- Gestures controller.
- Sensor controller.
THIS APP DOES NOT COME WITH GAMES. You must own and acquire your own games to use them with Dolphin.
DraStic DS Emulator
- Enhance the game's 3D graphics to 2 by 2 times their original resolution (this optional feature works best on high end quad core devices)
- Customize the placement and size of the DS screens, for portrait and landscape modes
- Fully supports add-on controllers, and physical controls in devices like nVidia Shield and Xperia Play
- Save and resume your progress anywhere with save states
- Tweak your gaming experience with a database of thousands of cheat codes
- Synchronize your save games with your online Google Drive space
- Increase emulation speed with fast-forward
EmuBox is a completely new all-in-one Android emulator that runs all your old game ROMs.
- NDS emulator
- PSX (PS1) emulator
- SNES emulator
- GBA emulator
- GBC emulator
- NES emulator
- The first multi-emulator with Material Design.
- Save / Load game states: EmuBox supports up to 20 save slots for each rom.
- Take game screenshot anytime you want
- Fast Forward supported
- Play with external controller: Plug your gamepad in, or play with bluetooth gamepad.
- Tweak emulator settings for optimized performance
EmuBox does not include any game ROM. EmuBox is intended to play your private ROM backup only.
FPse is able to display all PSone games in high resolution by using OpenGL which gives outstanding graphics!
Take a look to the Official Documentation which will let you understand requirements and how it works:
Create an ISO image from your favorite Playstation game disc to enjoy them on your Android phone with a brand new graphic thanks to the recent OPENGL 2.0
FPse features all of this:
- Run from Android 2.3 to Android 8!
- Outstanding interface which scans your local storage automatically to find playstation games and displays the covers of the games automatically, stay pressed onto game's icon to access context menu of each game and to see more
- 3 different Menus, all display Games Covers, and on is able to display video sample of each game (FPse can record easily 20 second of the game at any time)
- High performance (run on any devices, even very low en device can make FPse running correctly, on newer device you have huge improvement compare to original results)
- High compatibility
- High sound quality
- Possibility to save your game play at any time by the famous savestates
- Emulates the Audio tracks using .cue files by the .bin image file (these two need to be together and make sure both are named the same obviously leaving the extention file as default)
- Included up to 10 gamepads in overlay onto the screen (downloadable directly
- from FPse)
- gun emulation named Guncon. use your finger to shoot, really fun.
- A and B buttons are emulated on the left screen corners
- Emulation of Analog Sticks
- Compatible with the G-Sensor. the Touchscreen. devices's buttons
- Supports files's extensions .img, .iso, .bin, .cue, .nrg , .mdf , .pbp and .Z disc image formats (compressed files handled automatically .zip .rar .7z .ecm and .ape)
- Full Support of IcontrolPAD, BGP100,Zeemote, Wiimote (using the software Bluez IME)
- Support of PS3-PS4-XBOX360 contoller( still work in progress as natively are very hard to emulate)
- OpenGL supports external plugins, and by default FPse downloads its plugins's file when starting!
- Software's renderer in High Definition ! (up to 4x Native resolution)
- Experimental multi Players LAN mode using two Android devices! Play with two players mode with a game that wasn't made for that! IE: Tekken3!
- Multi players mode Exclusive !! Play to multi players games using up to 4 different devices on one device running the game. all others android devices are like a wireless gamepad onto each screen!! really fun!
- Automatic cheat's codes search engine Exclusive.
- Autofire with many frequencies
- Compress a game individually or all games in one pass by using the feature free_disk_space
- Displaying on Wide screen!! exclusive feature to display 3D games on wide screen natively(work with all title but for 2D games gets a bit odd in therms of sizes and spaces , a fix will come up)
- Dithering of textures like on the real Console
- Shaders to improve the software rendering
- Preliminary support for the VR Glasses! (Occulus GearVR Google_Cardboard Homido etc..)
- Native support of NFS protocol which let you load your games directly from your local
- Networks from a NAS or your computer.
- Compressed files in .ZIP .RAR .7Z .ECM and even .APE are extracted smartly.
- New option to fix the polygon shaking in OpenGL High Definition mode
- and much more features!
- Famous C64 emulator, ported to Android.
- Sources are available on GitHub, search for FrodoC64.
This app does not work without your own game files.
- Original SNES engine
- High compatibility
- Smooth sound
- Cheats (Game Genie/Pro Action Replay)
- High quality rendering
- Search game files in SDCard & Internal Storage
- Virtual On-screen keypad
- Zipped file support
- Save States
- Customizable keys
- Turbo buttons
- Fast forward / Slow down (x0.25 - x16)
- Bluetooth/MOGA controller support
- Dropbox support (requires John DataSync)
You need to place your own game files onto the SD card before running this N64 Emulator.
MegaN64 is a modified version of the Open Source project Mupen64+, which is licensed by GNU GPL v3. Modifications include performance enhancements for specific Phone Models such as the Nexus 4 and the Galaxy S4 and small UI improvements.
MyBoy and My OldBoy
This is by far the only emulator that supports link cable emulation with decent speed.
To play GB/C games, you need to get My OldBoy!.
This is the free version. You CAN save and load with the game's built-in save capability, which is accessible from within the game, not from the emulator's menu.
- With the full version, you can:
- Remove Ads.
- Save to and load from multiple slots (through emulator's menu), as well as auto save & load.
- Sync saves with Google Drive. Save your games on one device and continue on the others!
- Fast-forward with speed greater than 2x (up to 16x).
- Have multiple lines of codes in a single cheat.
- Have gyroscope/tilt sensor emulation through your Android's motion sensors!
- Link up as a server with your friend (the other side as a client, which is allowed on the free version).
- Create multiple screen-layout profiles.
- Fastest emulation, therefore saves your battery to the MAX.
- Very high game compatibility. Run nearly all games without a problem.
- Link cable emulation either on the same device, or across devices over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Gyroscope/tilt/solar sensor and rumble emulation.
- Enter GameShark/ActionReplay/CodeBreaker cheat codes and enable/disable them on the fly while the game is running.
- High-level BIOS emulation. No BIOS file needed.
- IPS/UPS ROM patching
- OpenGL rendering backend, as well as normal rendering on devices without a GPU.
- Cool video filters through the support of GLSL shaders.
- Fast-forward to skip long stories, as well as slow down games to get past a level you cannot in normal speed.
- On-screen keypad (multi-touch requires Android 2.0 or later), as well as shortcut buttons such as load/save.
- A very powerful screen layout editor, with which you can define the position and size for each of the on-screen controls, as well as for the game video.
- External controllers support, such as the MOGA controllers.
- Clean & simple yet well-designed user interface. Seamlessly integrated with the latest Android.
- Create and switch to different key-mapping profiles.
- Create shortcuts to easily launch your favorite games from your desktop.
- Modern, cool-looking & user friendly interface
- Highly customizable virtual controller! You can adjust the size and position of each button to suit your needs.
- Game progress saving and loading - 8 manual slots with screenshots & an autosave slot. Share save states among your devices via BT, mail, skype etc. directly from the app.
- Rewinding! Got killed by a bad guy? Never mind! Just rewind the game a couple of seconds back and try again!
- Wi-Fi controller mode! This unique feature allows several devices to be connected with each other. Turn your phone into a wireless gamepad and play your favorite multiplayer NES games with your friends. We support up to 4 players! Learn more: http://nostalgiaemulators.com/?page_id=101
- Zapper (light gun) emulation
- Turbo buttons & A+B button
- PAL (Europe)/NTSC (USA, Japan) video modes support
- Hardware accelerated graphics utilizing OpenGL ES
- 44100 Hz stereo sound
- Hardware keyboard support
- -Supports HID bluetooth gamepads (MOGA, 8bitdo etc.)
- Screenshots - easily capture an image of the game any time during gameplay
- Use special cheat codes to make NES games even more fun!
PPSSPP is the original and best PSP emulator for Android. It runs a lot of games, but depending on the power of your device all may not run at full speed.
No games are included with this download. Use your own real PSP games and turn them into .ISO or .CSO files, or simply play free homebrew games, which are available online. Put those in /PSP/GAME on your SD card / USB storage.
It comes with its own built-in collection of applications to provide you with a 'one-stop-shop' for entertainment.
Libretro and RetroArch are perfectly suited for creating games, emulators and multimedia programs. If you want to learn more, go to our website (listed below).
RetroArch is a multi-versatile program, that means that in order for it to do anything, you need modular programs that we call 'cores'. These cores DO NOT COME OUT OF THE BOX. You need to go to "Online Updater -> Core Updater" from within the app to download them.
- Brand new eye-candy menus to choose from!
- Scan files / directories and add them to game system collections!
- View database information about each game once added to a collection!
- Download programs ('cores') online
- Update everything!
- Download Game & Watch games and play them with our exclusive Game & Watch emulator!
- Built-in input remapping
- Ability to remap controls
- Ability to enter and load cheats
- Multi-language support!
- Over 80+ programs now and counting!
- No DRM
- No restrictions on usage
- No push ads
- No spying
- No ads period
Robert Broglia Emulators
Advanced open-source Gameboy Advance emulator based on VBA-M r1097, designed and tested on the Xoom, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, NVidia Shield, Xperia Tablet Z, and Xperia Play, but works on virtually any device with similar or better specs (at least a 1GHz CPU for best results).
- High-level BIOS emulation, no BIOS file needed
- Backup memory and save state support, state files are interchangeable with the PC version of VBA-M.
- Supports games in .gba format, optionally in ZIP, RAR, or 7Z files
- Cheat code support using VBA-M-compatible files (.clt extension), don't use any "Master" codes since they aren't needed
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls
- HID Bluetooth/USB gamepad & keyboard support compatible with any input device recognized by the OS (MOGA Pro, etc.), Wii controllers also supported if running Android 4.1 or lower, all devices support custom key profiles
- Works in any orientation
The game Motocross Challenge is included courtesy of developer David Doucet. Additional ROMs must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
- The premier SNES emulator! Developed from the ground up to deliver the fastest play possible. Easily locate and play your favorite titles by scanning your phone to view your list of installed ROMs!
- Fastest emulation with best game compatibility
- Superb user interface that's easy to use
- Chromecast streaming and native Android TV support
- Cloud syncing support for continuous play across devices
- Thousands of popular cheat codes!
- Excellent support for Bluetooth controllers
- Visual effects shaders (CRT Simulator, High Quality 2x/3x, and more)
- Advanced layout editor for on-screen controls
- Mouse support for selected games
- In-game walkthrough/guide integration
- Turbo mode to fast-forward games
- Support for many ROM and compressed file formats
- Network multiplayer using WiFi or Bluetooth